ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 6th October 2020 at 7.15 pm
Present: Councillors Davis, Jolly, and Kent
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.30 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from councillors Clayden, Hoyes, and Muller
2. To receive declarations of interest
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 1st September 2020
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
A member of the public raised the issue of speeding on the Albury Road at the Clapgate junction. Councillor Kent will chase Highways for data harvested from the radar speed signs which well show how many drivers exceed 30 MPH.
6. To consider planning applications
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 1/9/20 £11,424.37
Receipts: 3/9/20 Bank interest £1.39
25/9/20 Litter Picking Grant £1,553.69
Payments: agreed 1/9/2020 £1,217.85
Balance at 6/10/2020 £15,882.62
8. To agree payments due
Clerk’s quarterly pay £937.30, Litter picker 1 quarterly pay £130, Litter picker 2 quarterly pay £130 Total: £1,197.30
Resolved, proposed Councillor Kent, seconded Councillor Davis that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A visitor to Patmore Heath reported many plastic bags of dog waste are left on the heath.
10. To discuss necessary website accessibility changes required by the government and a quote to redesign the website in light of this
Website Content Accessibility Guidelines came into force for public sector bodies on 23rd September 2020. Our current website alburyvillage.co.uk is non-compliant and a statement has been added to the site to explain why. It is not possible to make this website complaint so a new one must be developed. The clerk is going to get quotes for removing the parish council information from alburyvillage.co.uk and placing it on a new, separate, compliant site.
11. Review the Parish Plan
The councillors reviewed the plan. It will be updated to reflect the website changes, to include speed camera data analysis and any plan that might help resolve the speeding issues in the village. Allotment Plot 1 needs flattening as it is becoming unmanageable. The new village sign site needs a regular maintenance schedule. The Parish Council are to liaise with the Albury 60 Plus group to see if any extra support is needed for anyone affected by COVID restrictions.
12. To receive an update of village hall maintenance
The painting inside and outside has been completed.
13. To receive an update on the next phase of the playground refurbishment
The fence around the playground needs replacing. Councillor Jolly will get quotes.
14. To consider a request from HMWT to donate towards the cost of House Martin boxes to put up at the village hall
The cost for the boxes is £235. The councillors suggested donating half the cost. Councillor Davis will discuss this with the HMWT at a meeting this week.
15. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council meeting to be held on 3rd November 2020
Update bank signatories, playground fence quotes, village plan review, speed data review, village sign site maintenance
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.20 pm