Meeting minutes 02.02.2016
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 2nd February 2016 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Muller, Cllr Murdoch, and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public (MOP).
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllr Benton and Cllr Walne sent apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 12th January 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
Actions to be discussed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
See point 14.
6. To consider planning applications
3/16/0093/HH. Heath End Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Proposal: Two storey rear extension, pitched roof over link to garage and alterations to fenestration. (Amended scheme). No Comment.
3/16/0094/LBC. Heath End Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Proposal: Two storey rear extension, pitched roof over link to garage and alterations to fenestration. Internal alterations to include removal of existing walls, creation of doorways and removal of existing ground floor bathroom and W.C. (Amended scheme) No Comment.
3/16/0144/HH. 6 The Bourne, Albury. Proposal: Two storey side extension to replace existing single storey extension (amendment to Lpa ref 3/15/0427/HH) No Comment.
3/15/2549/LBC. Brooms Farm, Upwick Green, Albury. Proposal: Insertion of central double glazed doors and boarded shutters in North and South elevations. Internal alterations to allow new study, bedroom and bathroom. No Comment.
3/15/2548/HH Brooms Farm, Upwick Green, Albury. Proposal: Insertion of central double glazed doors and boarded shutters in North and South elevations. No Comment.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 5/1/16, £31748.76
Outgoings: those agreed 12/1/16, £1168.36
Balance at 31/1/16, £30580.40
8. To agree payments due. None
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only). None
10. To discuss the progress of the first defibrillator purchase and supporting fund raising for a second defibrillator
A defibrillator was ordered on 21/1/16 and is due to be delivered within 3 weeks. Payment of £2040 + VAT is due after installation. This includes a village emergency telephone system for the first year. £750 of this cost was raised at the Arts and Crafts Fair in October and APC will meet the rest of the cost. Cllr Murdoch has organised a local electrician to quote for the installation. Our insurers have confirmed the defibrillator will be covered until renewal and then will add £15 to the policy price for the following years cover. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Murdoch, seconded by Cllr Muller, that APC will pay up to a maximum of £500 for the installation. Unanimously agreed.
Cllr Murdoch’s wife is raising money to purchase a further defibrillator and the councillors agreed that APC will support this. A list of volunteers for the emergency phone system is to be collated.
11. To confirm the date and planning of the Easter Egg Hunt and agree a budget
An Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday 26th March from 11am until 1 pm, at Patmore Heath. The clerk agreed to ask if an advert can be placed in the Albury Newsletter. It was agreed to ask David Muller if he can amend last year’s poster.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Muller, that a maximum of £500 be set aside to fund the day.
12. To discuss the Albury 60 plus group
Mrs Webb is to forward a copy of the 60 plus program.
13. To discuss options for the village hall playground
Cllr Benton is meeting with 3 companies who will prepare quotes. The village tuck shop has raised money to put towards the playground and if we can pool money with other village fund raising groups we can then apply for fund matching grants from large organisations such as National Lottery and Biffa.
14. To discuss a recent local bus survey organised by the 60 plus group
Mrs Webb has been conducting a survey and has had 24 responses so far from people who rely on a bus service. She will update us with further information when it is available
15. To receive an update of the Christmas Walks
As these were so successful more walks will be held on Monday 2nd May 2016 at 1pm. These will be followed by a cream tea at the village hall at 4pm. Cllr Murdoch has registered Albury’s interest in producing a leaflet of local walks, for which a grant of up to £1000 may be applied for. Cllr Murdoch is to ask the Countryside Access Officer for an update on footpaths in contention near Hixham Hall, as new ‘Private’ signs have been erected.
16. To discuss the outcome of APC managing the ‘Bus Stop Green’
An agreement has yet to be reached. Cllr Muller is to follow up on progress with the agent.
17. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 1st March 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Playground, Village walks, Year end accounts and Audit, Easter Egg Hunt, Albury historical photos, Website and transparency, Bus service, Bus stop green, Footpaths, Defibrillator
The chairman closed the meeting at 8.30 pm