Meeting minutes 06.09.2016
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 6th September 2016, 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Murdoch, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 2 members of the public.
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllrs Benton and Muller sent apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 5th July 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
The allotment agreements were issued to the current tenants as agreed.Other actions will be reported in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
A member of the public asked if Natural England and HMWT can share their management plan for Patmore Heath and if they would be prepared to attend a meeting to give residents the opportunity to ask questions. APC agreed to approach both parties and relay their response.
6. To consider planning applications
3/16/1870/HH. Malting Cottage, Upwick Green, Albury. Replacement of dilapidated garage and workshop building. No comment.
3/16/1884/HH. The Bothy, Albury Hall Park, Albury. Erection of garage with room above (amended scheme). No comment.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory. Balance at 31/5/16,£29,610.55
Income:New Housing Bonus Grant £1,459.00
Outgoings: As agreed 5/7/16, £908.86
Balance at 30/6/15, £30,160.69
8. To agree payments due
Grasscutters & Co (allotment mowing), £65; BDO Audit £120.00; D Muller Design £48.46; Domain Name and web hosting £30.60 Total £264.06
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Murdoch, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A resident reported that one of the village signs obstructs the view when emerging from their driveway. Highways are looking into this.
A resident has asked when various ploughed footpaths will be re-instated
10. To receive an update of the Village Emergency Telephone System (VETS)
It was agreed that the system should be tested on Monday 3rd October at 7.30pm. The volunteers will be informed.
11. To discuss the progress of the Albury Parish Walking leaflet
The design is ongoing. An HMWT representative is currently compiling a piece about Patmore Heath to be included.
12. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fundraising
Postponed until the next agenda
13. To receive an update of the request to EHDC to place a sign on the verge near the Clapgate Pumping Station
EHDC require a formal planning application. After further discussion it was agreed that the site is not ideal. The Bus Stop Green is a preferred location so the land owner is to be approached to see if he will grant permission for a sign to be placed there.
14. To discuss the community bus and the response to the request for volunteer drivers
The 60 plus chair is looking into grants to fund a driver. The clerk advertised for volunteer drivers on Facebook but received no responses. To gauge how well used a minibus would be on a Saturday, the councillors discussed funding a trial (depending on the cost) with a local minibus company with a driver provided. Cllr Walne agreed to get a quote for the trial.
15. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 4th October 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
VETS, walks leaflet, playground, community bus, village sign, telephone box library, Patmore Heath management
The vice-chairman closed the meeting at 8:25 pm