Meeting minutes 11.07.2017
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of the annual meeting held Tuesday 11th July 2017 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Benton, Cllr Murdoch, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public (MOP).
The chairman opened the meeting at 7:20 pm
1. To complete Cllr Benton’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
It was resolved at the 2/5/17 meeting to appoint Cllr ¬¬¬¬¬Benton as chairman for the year 2017/18. Cllr Benton signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from Cllr Clayden-Smith were received and accepted.
3. To receive declarations of interest. None.
4. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 20th June 2017. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
5. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
6. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public. None.
7. To discuss Natural England’s ‘No Parking on Patmore Heath’ request and any responses from residents
One MOP attended the meeting to say they agreed with the principle of not parking on the heath but thought that the parking area should be clarified with signs and that parking along other areas could be prevented by adding low mounds. APC clarified that parking is permitted on the common land between the boundaries of properties and the road around the heath. APC agreed to forward the MOP’s suggestions to HMWT and Natural England.
8. To discuss complaints received regarding cars parking on the lane leading to Patmore Heath near the junction with the Albury Road
The lane is the responsibility of East Herts Council. The clerk agreed to ask the highway’s department to review the situation.
9. To consider planning applications. None.
10. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 20/6/17, £31,157.23
Outgoings: As agreed 20/6/17, £855.40
Balance at 11/7/17, £30,301.83
11. To agree payments due
Clerks Q1 salary £711.36, Litter picker 1 salary £130, Litter picker 2 salary £130, Community taxi £114 Total £1085.36
Resolved, proposed Cllr Benton, seconded Cllr Waples that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
12. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
13. To discuss the parish councillor vacancy
Two residents expressed an interest and they are to be contacted again.
14. To discuss the progress of the traditional village sign project
A company has agreed to provide a no obligation sketch. Two new locations were discussed: the current finger post site at Clapgate and the Itch Lane noticeboard site. Once a design is ready APC will approach East Herts Council to discuss the suitability of either site and the necessary planning permission.
15. To receive and update of the 9th July village walk
Approximately 50 people attended the walks and all gave good feedback.
APC provided £100 to buy cake ingredients and other items for refreshments of which £59.90 was spent. The remaining £40.10 was used as a float and £116.40 was raised selling refreshments. After £100 is to be repaid to APC leaving a profit of £56.50.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Walne that some of this money should be used to send Judi Murdoch flowers as an appreciation for her part in planning the event and for baking the cakes, and any left over should then be used to buy jugs for future events and a padlock for one of the village hall cupboards. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Walne that a new fridge freezer with a larger freezer capacity should be purchased for the village hall kitchen up to a value of £500. Unanimously agreed.
16. To receive an update of the 2nd defibrillator installation and a defibrillator training date
The defibrillator is now at The Catherine Wheel. A local electrician has offered to install it for free but will bill APC for any materials required. Training will take place on Tuesday 12th or 19th of September. This will be confirmed at the next meeting.
17. To discuss converting the telephone kiosk into a library
The clerk will draft a note for the Newsletter ask the community to volunteer to prepare the kiosk as it needs cleaning and painting and vegetation around it needs clearing. A shelving system is also required.
18. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fund raising
The applications are progressing and it is hoped that more information will be available by the September meeting.
19. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 5th September 2017 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Playgound funding, 2nd defibrillator installation and training, Telephone kiosk library, Patmore Heath parking, village hall fridge freezer, traditional village sign
The chairman closed the meeting at 8:40 pm