Meeting minutes 12.06.2017
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 12th June 2018, 19.15 at the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Kent, Murdoch, Walne, Cllr Waples and Wheatley.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 6 members of the public.
The chair opened the meeting at 7.17 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Wheatley.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 15th May 2018. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. Councillor Kent to sign a declaration of acceptance of office
This was duly signed by Councillor Kent and the clerk
5. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
These will be reported in specific agenda points.
6. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
A member of the public asked if a hedge adjacent to their property on parish council land could be cut. The parish council agreed to raise this with East Herts Council as they maintain the hedges in that area. A member of the public pointed out that the strip of land between the allotment gardens and the Bourne is overgrown and full of allotment waste. The parish council agreed to get a quote for clearing the area.
7. To consider planning applications
3/18/1199/FUL Demolition of Atcost barn (Range 2) and conversion of Dutch barn (Range 1) to provide two dwellings, construction of two cycle stores and improvements to the existing access track onto Albury Road. At High Hall Barn, Clapgate, Albury.
Concerns were raised regarding the removal of a hedge to allow for visibility splays and the loss of an agricultural building. The parish councillors are to formulate a comment to submit by the deadline of 22nd June.
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 14/5/2018 £31,265.90
Income: Bank interest £12.61 Cancelled cheque 101124 £38.00
Outgoings: As agreed 12/5/18 £680.80
Balance at 11/6/2018 £30,635.71
Balance per bank statements £31,055.71 – £30,635.71 = £420
Unpresented cheques to date: 101133 £38.00, 101134 £382.00, Total £420.00
9. Agree payment of £35 to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office
The clerk circulated information regarding this registration prior to the meeting.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Murdoch, that Albury Parish Council register with the ICO at a cost of £35. Unanimously agreed.
10. To agree payments due
ICO £35, Re-issue returned cheque to Markwell Glass (fire-exit doors balance) £382. Total £417.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Waples, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
11. Complete mandate change forms to amend bank signatories
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Waples, that a new mandate form be completed and signed. Unanimously agreed.
12. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A local parent asked the clerk what is happening with the playground refurbishment.
13. To discuss actions taken to conform with new General Data Protection Regulations
The councillors signed the Data Protection Policy previously circulated.
The parish council are to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office which upholds information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. The website cookies policy has been updated. Those on the email circulation list were asked if they wanted to continue to be included on the list.
14. To discuss again the Albury Newsletter Editor’s request for the parish council to take over responsibility for its production
The editor said she will continue if someone else will take over distributing to the people who deliver the newsletters. Councillor Kent offered to take on the distribution.
15. To discuss the progress of the traditional village sign project
The clerk has received information from Geoff Williamson and Graham McAndrew. The clerk will circulate this to all councillors to consider.
16. To discuss the progress of the discussions with HCC with respect to the hole in the bridge at Patmore Heath
Councillor Murdoch has spoken to the Land Registry and is waiting for them to forward information regarding ownership and responsibility for the section of road concerned.
17. To discuss parking issues in the village hall car park and at Patmore Heath
Village hall parking has improved and the illegally parked car has been removed. HMWT forwarded a draft of a new sign to be installed at Patmore Heath. This clarifies where parking is permitted.
18. To discuss the possibility of installing radar speed signs each end of the village
The clerk from Stocking Pelham forwarded details of the parish councillor who organised their radar speed signs. The clerk will contact her for more information.
19. To discuss the cost of a walks leaflet reprint and whether to request a reprint
The first print run cost £618 for the printing and folding of 3500 leaflets. Councillor Murdoch emailed the HCC person who originally assisted with the creation and printing originally and is awaiting a reply.
20. To discuss the councillor vacancy and hear from any interested parties
Norman Davis, a resident of Albury, expressed an interest in the position of councillor
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Waples, that Norman Davis be co-opted to fill the vacancy. Unanimously agreed.
21. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Pay internal auditor and D Muller, village sign, playground committee, hole at Patmore Heath, radar speed signs, newsletter, Patmore Heath parking and new sign. Councillor Walne will not be at the next meeting.
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.50 pm