Meeting Minutes 13.01.2015
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 13th January 2015 at 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Muller (chairman), Cllr Walne, Cllr Webster (vice-chairman)
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 1 member of the public (MOP)
The chairman opened the meeting at 19:45
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Cllr Barrett and Cllr Benton
2. To receive declarations of interest. None
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on 4th November, 2014.
Resolved that these Minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
The clerk purchased and installed a ‘No Dogs Allowed’ sign at the playground.
The clerk purchased a gate closer for the playground gate which is still to be installed.
Other matters to be reported within specific agenda items.
5. Chairman’s announcements (for information only). None.
6. To receive petitions comments and questions from the public
A member of the public asked what was happening with the vacant allotment plots and if they should be advertised locally. APC agreed they should put
notices in the village newsletter, the pub, on the village website and Facebook page.
7. To consider planning applications listed below.
3/14/1974/LB Ye Olde Thatched Cottage, Mill Lane, Albury. Listed Building Consent for improvement works. No comment.
3/14/2195/LB Hitch Lane Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Listed Building Consent for relocation of boiler. No comment.
8. To thank Cllr Webster for her donation of £207.02, plus Christmas lights to the value of £99.98, from the proceeds of the last Albury Antiques Fair
The councillors thanked Cllr Webster for her generous donation which totalled £307. The chairman asked Cllr Webster if the village hall committee had
thanked her for the donation she made to them and she replied that they had not.
9. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/10/14 £30,333.94
Income: Albury Antiques donation £371.00
VAT refund £1016.99
Bank interest £0.66
Outgoings: as agreed 4/11/14 -£983.20 as agreed on earlier dates -£160.03
Balance at 31/12/14 £30,579.36
£207.02 donation from Albury Antiques Fair deposited on 6/1/15.
10, To agree payments due
Clerk’s salary £689.18
Clerk’s expenses £19.12
Litter Picking Q3 £112.00
11. Discuss and agree the precept for 2015-2016
Last years precept was set at £6,900. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Webster that the precept for 2015-2016 be set at £6,900.
Unanimously agreed. The clerk is to post the completed precept form to East Herts Council.
12. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
Request for a grant of £500 received from the Village Hall Committee.
Albury Parish Council sent a response to the A120 Consultation team and received an acknowledgement back.
A letter was received from the Patmore Estate regarding ‘The Bus Shelter Green’.
Thames Water emailed confirmation that new pumps have been installed at Clapgate.
East Herts Council sent precept forms to be completed and returned by 16th January.
New LAIS1371 Parish Polls received from HAPTC.
Received a letter from WSP, working on behalf of Herts County Council, asking for information about local flooding issues.
13. To discuss a request from the village hall committee for a donation of £500 towards the village hall running costs for the year 2014-2015
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Webster that the Village Hall Committee should provide details of what this donation is required
for. Unanimously agreed. The clerk is to request this information.
14. To provide an update re: installation of new pumps at Clapgate Pumping Station
Thames Water confirmed that new pumps have been installed at the Clapgate Pumping Station and these should prevent flooding during heavy rainfall.
15. DriveSafe Campaign. In the absence of Cllr Benton, postponed to the next agenda.
16. To discuss communication from the owner of the ‘Bus Shelter Green’
A letter was received from the Patmore Estate and it may be possible for APC to manage the land known as ‘Bus Shelter Green’. After a discussion
with Savills, we are awaiting a draft land licence agreement. The clerk will make enquiries as to the progress of this.
17. To discuss the planning and budget for the Easter Egg Hunt for Easter 2015
In the absence of Cllr Benton, postponed to the next agenda.
18. To agree a date for the Arts and Crafts Fair and the Open Gardens event
Cllr Webster spoke to the previous organiser of the Arts and Crafts Fair who is happy to assist with the next one. It was suggested this be held on
Saturday 24th October 2015. There has not been a huge response to the Open Garden event. The clerk agreed to establish if anyone is interested. It
was suggested that a weekend in June would be ideal.
19. To discuss making a donation towards the village playground refurbishment
Before agreeing to donate money towards the playground refurbishment, the councillors said the villagers must show they support this. There has not
been an overwhelming response from the village when asked for suggestions for the playground refurbishment. Council members asked the clerk if the
APC had received money from the ‘Santa event’ held in Albury in December, and she replied that they hadn’t but the Albury Newsletter contained an
article stating this money was donated to the Albury Children’s Fund. As the Albury Children’s Fund is unknown to APC, the clerk agreed to try to
establish what this fund is.
20. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting date: Tuesday 3rd February 2015, 7.15pm at the village hall
DriveSafe campaign. Easter Egg hunt. Allotment maintenance. The Albury Children’s Fund.
The chairman closed the meeting at 8.30