Meeting minutes (annual APC) 03.05.2016
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of the annual meeting held Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Benton, Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Muller, Cllr Murdoch and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public (MOP).
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7:25 pm
1. To elect a chairman for the year 2016/17 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, to appoint Cllr Benton as Chairman for the year 2016/17. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Benton signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
2. To elect a vice-chairman for the year 2016/17 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed by Waples, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, to appoint Cllr Murdoch as Vice-Chairman for the year 2016/17. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Murdoch signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
3. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllr Walne sent apologies. Cllr Muller had sent notice that she would be late, and arrived at 7:35pm
4. To receive declarations of interest. None.
5. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 5th April 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
6. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
Management of the “Bus Stop Green”
As the land owner will allow APC to maintain the land under a licence agreement, but not to alter its appearance, APC have decided not to undertake management. The councillors acknowledged all the hard work that Dennis Peacock undertakes to keep the area looking neat and tidy. The councillors discussed an alternative site to place a central village sign post. The clerk is to try to establish who owns the verges by the River Ash bridge, as one of these may be a suitable area.
Other actions to be discussed in specific agenda points.
7. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
Mrs Webb informed APC that she is having difficulty submitting her bus petition, as the person who would deal with the matter has left the county council.
Mrs Webb thanked APC on behalf of the 60 plus group for giving her the excess cream teas to share amongst them.
8. To consider planning applications
3/16/0792/LBC. Replacement windows at Willow View, Albury End, Albury. No comments.
3/16/0818/HH. Single story extension at Homestead, Clapgate, Albury. No comments.
9. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/3/16 £30,674.67
Income: Precept £3,450.00
Outgoings: As agreed 5/4/16 £3,847.05
Balance at 30/4/16 £30,277.62
10. o sign off the annual return and accounts previously circulated
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Waples, that annual return be signed. Unanimously agreed.
11. To consider the insurance renewal quote
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Murdoch, that the insurance be renewed with Community First @ £228.01. Unanimously agreed
12. To agree payments due
Cream Tea costs £138.11, APC Insurance £228.01, SLCC membership £77.00, Village Hall hire £30. Total £473.12
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Benton, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
13. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
14. To Receive an update of the 2nd May Walks and Albury Walking Leaflet
The May Walks and cream tea were a success. About 40 people joined the walks and a few more turned up just for the tea afterwards. Excess cream teas were given to Pam Webb to take to members of the 60 Plus group who had been unable to attend.
Cllr Murdoch reported on his meeting with the Parish Paths team, where an Albury Walks leaflet was discussed. A grant of £1000 is available to assist with the design and printing costs. The clerk has obtained a licence to use OS maps. Cllr Murdoch is going to seek quotes for the design.
15. To receive a defibrillator update
10 residents have expressed an interest in signing up for the Village Emergency Telephone System (VETS). Cllr Murdoch has arranged the installation of the defibrillator for 4th May 2016 by local electricians Dewsons, who have kindly offered to do this free of charge. Community Heartbeat Trust will arrange for it to be commissioned and also provide training on a date to be confirmed.
16. To receive an update of the village hall playground quotes
Playdale provided a quote of £59,899.40 +VAT and Wicksteed provided a quote of £59,950 +VAT. Both contain similar equipment. Playdale have also offered to assist with obtaining grants to help cover the costs.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Waples, to ask Playdale to refurbish the playground. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Murdoch, that APC will contribute up to £15,000 from reserves towards the cost. Unanimously agreed.
17. To receive an update of the bus survey
Pam Webb has been informed that the person she should contact regarding the bus petition has left the county council. A new contact needs to be established.
18. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 7th June 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Walks leaflet, Playground, Bus petition, Verge owners, Village sign, Defibrillator, A120 Bypass
The chairman closed the meeting at 8:15 pm