ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 6th September 2022, 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Davis, Clayden, Jolly
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Brooks and Klimowicz
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 7th June 2022
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/22/1097/VAR PROPOSAL: Single storey side and rear ground floor extension. Removal of chimney to rear. Erection of porch. Continuation of existing decking across the extension. Variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) of planning permission 3/20/0418/HH: Reduction in size of ground floor side and rear extension and installation of larger window to ground floor side extension (retrospective).
AT: 2 Mansfield Cottages Clapgate Albury. No comments
7. To consider a grant request from the parochial church council of St Mary’s Albury
Rather than pay a grant, the councillors think a Harvest Supper could be arranged to raise money to donate to the church. Suggested dates were 8th or 15th October.
8. To discuss a quote received for verge maintenance, weeding and grass seeding
The area around the village sign is in need of a tidy up to remove weeds and saplings and the grass needs reseeding. The clerk agreed to get some quotes for this work.
9. To discuss Radar Speed Sign maintenance costs of £1000
We have had notice that £1000 is required to cover maintenance and repairs of the radar speed signs for 5 years from April 2023. Herts County Council will invoice us for this amount.
10. To discuss the cost of mowing the grass areas around the village
We’ve had notice that HCC will no longer be mowing the play area and grass surrounding the village hall. The parish council discussed how expensive this will be and the fact that it has not been budgeted for. It was suggested that a working party of villagers might be able to share the task. Alternatively, quotes could be sought and the precept may need to be raised to cover the cost.
11. To receive statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 7/6/2022 £7,423.59
Payments: Agreed 7/6/2022 -£282.00
Cheque to new Lloyds account -£1,000.00
Receipts: Interest 24/06/2022 £0.17
Litter Picking grant 10/6/2022 £1,776.21
Barclays balance at 24/6/2022 £7,917.97
Barclays account closed 24/6/2022
New Lloyds account opened 20/6/2022 Balance £0.00
Cheque from Barclays account £1,0000.00
Closing balance transfer from Barclays account £7,917.97
Wayleave UK Power £29.90
Donation from Albury Play Space £5,000.00
Donation from Albury Play Space £2,073.43
Welcome back grant from HCC £4,083.12
A Cooper (agreed clearance) DT -£300.00
N Lock (allotment maintenance) DT -£490.00
Clerks Q1 salary SO -£953.55
CMHT Village Emergency Telephone System -£120.00
Litter picker 1 Q1 salary SO -£130.00
Litter picker 2 Q1 salary SO -£130.00
Available balance at 7/9/2022 £17,980.87
12. To agree payments due
Defib at village hall annual maintenance £151.20, R Murdoch for telephone library paint and sealant £47 Total £198.20
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Jolly, that payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
13. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
Residents have reported farm vehicles driving dangerously. Police have spoken to the people seen removing books from our phone box library and have asked them not to take any more.
14. To discuss the progress of local solar farm applications
There is no further information available regarding the Wickham Hall application but an application has been made to place a solar farm in Berden. The parish council will object to this as it will unacceptably increase traffic through Albury.
15. To discuss outstanding actions from the HCC, police and parish Councillors meet up held in December 2021
A traffic survey is due to take place during July. Herts Highways are going to inspect the path leading to the school from near the village hall and the lack of path in the 60MPH zone near the village hall. The parish council has requested village gateways and rumble zones for Albury like those recently installed around Little Hadham.
16. To discuss the progress of moving our banking from Barclays to Lloyds
Our Barclays account was closed on 24/6/2022 and all monies transferred to a new Lloyds account which was opened on 20/6/2022.
17. To receive an update on the playground fundraising and refurbishment plans
Albury Play Space has donated a total of £7,073.43 and the parish council has ordered new equipment on their behalf which will be installed at the end of October 2022.
18. To discuss the vacancy in the office of parish councillor and hear from interested parties
We have 2 people interested in joining but neither could attend this meeting.
19. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 4th October 2022
Traffic calming gateways and rumble strips, 20s plenty update, playground fundraising.