ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 2nd February 2021 at 7.00 pm
Present: Councillors Jolly, Davis, Klimowicz and Muller
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 2 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.05 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillor Clayden
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 12th January 2021
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings They will be signed and passed to the clerk for filing.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
Three members of the public joined the meeting to raise concerns about the condition of a bridge over a stream at Patmore Heath and to ask who owns it and what access rights exist. The Parish Council explained that they are investigating this and will share their finding.
6. To consider planning applications
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 12/1/2021 £14,247.18
Payments: agreed 12/1/2021 – £1,392.87
Balance at 2/2/2021 £12,854.31
Unpresented cheques + £130.00
Balance per bank statements £12,984.31
8. To agree payments due
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To hear from and co-opt anyone interested in filling our parish councillor vacancies
No one expressed interest.
11. To receive an update of the progress of playground fence grants
Councillor Jolly has begun an application for funding from National Lottery. Graham McAndrew has pledged an amount from the locality budget to be confirmed. Councillor Jolly and her family have kindly cleared the damaged and broken fencing.
12. To discuss traffic calming measures to slow traffic through the village
A resident has suggested the SLOW road markings should be repainted and that some stating 30MPH could be added. Both ideas will be put to the Highways department.
13. To complete the forms to add bank signatories
Postponed until a face-to-face meeting is possible. The clerk has been unable to get through to Barclays and they have not responded to online banking messages.
14. To discuss the resolution to the blocked culvert at Patmore Heath
Ringway kindly unblocked the culvert in order to carry out an investigation into the condition of the bridge across it which is subsiding and has a large hole through its surface.
The Parish Council has engaged a solicitor to establish whether the bridge is common land or is privately owned. This is necessary to determine if access rights are required to use it and who has maintenance responsibilities.
The bridge is part of an unmade, unadopted road.
15. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Playground fence grant, bank signatories, agree village sign maintenance schedule, traffic calming, bridge, and culvert at Patmore Heath
The Chair closed the meeting at 7.55 pm