ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 4th February 2020 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Clayden, Davis, Kent and Hoyes
In attendance: East Herts Councillor Williamson and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from Councillor Muller and Mrs Pettitt were received and accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 14th January 2020.
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be reported in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
The playground committee asked if the VAT charged could be donated back to the once it has been reclaimed.
An MOP asked if 20 MPH could be imposed along the road outside the school.
6. To consider planning applications.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 14/1/2020 £14,393.21
Outgoings: As agreed 14/1/2020 £1,913.08
Balance at 4/2/2020 £ 12,480.13
Plus unpresented cheques £193.04
Balance per bank statements £12,673.17
8. To agree payments due
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To hear from anyone interested in filling the parish councillor vacancy
Kate Jolly expressed and interest in joining and the councillors agreed she should be co-opted.
Resolved, proposed Councillor Kent, seconded Councillor Davis, that Kate Jolly should be co-opted to the office of parish councillor. Unanimously agreed.
Kate will sign the acceptance of office at the next meeting due to the absence of the clerk.
11. To receive any update from the playground committee and discuss future plans
The playground committee is in the process of applying for charitable status.
12. To discuss the draft Albury parish plan and any comments received
Suggestions from residents were incorporated and the plan will be reviewed again at the next meeting. The chairman is to ask for a copy to be added to the newsletter and will pin modified copied to the noticeboards.
13. To receive an update of the Patmore Heath Conservation Area Appraisal
All comments from residents are being considered.
Damage to Patmore Heath from car parking is to be discussed with the Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust at our May meeting as part of the HMWT management plan.
14. To discuss the risk assessment of the removal of the collapsed fencing between the village hall and the river
Councillors Kent and Clayden agreed to assess the fencing. It is believed that the parish council own the land surrounding the hall.
15. To discuss who is responsible for keeping the River Ash clear
Councillor Kent contacted the Environment Agency in January but has had no feedback.
16. To report on any information received from Herts Highways regarding who is responsible for maintaining the road and ditches from Patmore Heath towards Hixham Hall
None received as yet.
17. To review the allotment agreement before reissue
Deferred to next meeting.
18. Discuss quotes received for creating a new village website using WordPress and migrating the content of the existing website
D Muller has quoted £430 and XS Creativity has quoted £500. As D Muller created the current site it was agreed to accept his quote.
Resolved, proposed Councillor Davis, seconded Councillor Clayden, that D Muller should create the new website on WordPress. Unanimously agreed.
19. To gather new signatory information for a bank mandate update
The clerk will email the councillors to be added and request the information necessary as the forms are now completed by Barclays over the phone.
20. To discuss necessary tree works at the village hall and play area
There is no evidence of TPOs on the trees in question so the clerk will ask local companies to provide quotes:
21. To discuss supporting the Local Electricity Bill
Councillor Kent is to send information to the other councillors.
22. Draw January and February 200 club numbers
23. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 7.15 pm at the village hall
Kates acceptance of office, Parish Plan, Local Electricity Bill, Tree work at the hall, website progress, ditches on road to Hixham Hall, River Ash clearance, fencing behind village hall, Allotment agreements, Update on meeting held with Jeremy Kent, John Bosworth and Geoff Williamson regarding proposed changes to Patmore Heath Conservation area, village hall maintenance
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.15 pm