ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 2nd February 2022 at 7.00 pm at Albury village hall
Present: Councillors Klimowicz, Clayden, and Davis
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 4 members of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Brooks, Jolly and Walne.
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 11th November 2021
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
Four members of the public attended to discuss the unacceptable level of noise the A120 Little Hadham bypass. See point 11.
6. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/22/0072/LBC and 3/22/0071/HH at The Nook Upwick Green Albury.
Erection of single storey rear extension with glazed link extension to converted outbuilding; single storey extension to entrance way and alterations to fenestration and openings.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 2/11/2021 £12,819.54
Payments: Agreed 2/11/2021 £2,560.97
Receipts: Bank interest 6/12/21 £0.21
Available balance at 1/2/2022 £10,258.78
Balance per bank statement £10,258.78
8. To agree payments due
Clerks salary £937.30, litter picker 1 £130, litter picker 2 £130, allotment mowing £195, CHBT annual support £151.20. Total £1543.50
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Clayden, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To agree this year’s budget and sign the precept request for 2022-2023
The budget required for the year is forecast to be £8670. The councillors agreed that the precept should remain at £8,000.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Clayden, that the precept be set at £8,000. Unanimously agreed.
11. To discuss the impact of the A120 Little Hadham bypass
Residents in certain locations are finding the noise level from the bypass unbearably loud. Some have reported this to the A120 team. The planning application included the expected decibels and an assessment is due 6 months after opening. The clerk has informed Councillor Graham McAndrew of the noise. The councillors suggested everyone affected by the noise should email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. To discuss actions and activities regarding local solar farm applications
Many objections have been submitted. Leaflets were delivered in the area. A petition to the government has been created and an article submitted to the local newspaper. A Facebook group reports current news on this matter https://www.facebook.com/objecttowickhamsolar
13. To accept the new allotment mowing quote
The allotment strimming and tidying fee for this year has been quoted at £700, payable across 2 invoices. This will cover regular strimming and tidying of plots 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 as necessary throughout the year.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Clayden, that this quote is accepted. Unanimously agreed.
14. To discuss the HCC, police and parish Councillors meet upheld in December and any actions outstanding
Sites for survey equipment need to be confirmed and a date to meet at Parsonage Lane to discuss lowering the speed limit is to be arranged.
15. To discuss the current status of the bridge and ditch at Patmore Heath after repairs earlier in the year
The clerk regularly walks past the bridge and the repair is still in good condition. The ditch on the leased land each side needs clearing so HMWT will be informed.
16. To discuss the transfer of Albury Parochial Charity funds from a holding account at Blackrock to the parish council account and how these should be correctly used
Black Rock holds an Albury Parochial Charity account but has moved the money (£4363.83) to a Fund Manager’s Client Money account because the charity is no longer registered. After 6 years it will send this money to a charity of its choice. In order to use this money to benefit Albury parishioners as intended, it should be moved to the Parish Council account whilst we establish how it should be used. The clerk agreed to contact black rock to discuss this matter.
17. To discuss changing bank accounts or updating signatories for the Barclay’s account
Banks are currently not offering free community accounts.
18. To discuss the damaged railings south of Clapgate and who is responsible for their repair
The railings are generally repaired by the Highways department.
19. To discuss the flooding of the Albury Road south of Clapgate
If the road floods, Highways should also be informed so they can investigate the cause.
20. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 1st March 2022
Bank account change update, traffic calming/speed meeting and measures, playground seating and fundraising, village hall patio fence
The Chair closed the meeting at 8 pm