ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 14th January 2020 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Clayden, Davis, Kent and Muller
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. Anita Clayden to sign acceptance of office and DPI form
The acceptance of office and DPI forms were signed.
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from Councillor Hoyes were received and accepted.
3. To receive declarations of interest. None.
4. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 5th November.
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
5. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be reported in specific agenda points.
6. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
A member of the public reported that the lane from Patmore Heath towards Furneux Pelham has a build-up of mud along its centre and that drainage is poor due to blocked gullies and ditches. The chairman agreed to forward this information to highways and ask if they are responsible for its maintenance.
7. To consider planning applications.
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 5/11/2019 £14,521.92
Outgoings: As agreed 5/11/19 £127.45
Remembrance wreath £20.00
Income: Bank charges refunded £15.48
Balance at 14/1/2020 £14,393.21
9. To agree payments due
Clerk’s salary Q3 £758.55, Litter picker 1 Q3 £130 Litter picker 2 Q3 £130, Grass Cutters & Co £195, A Cooper (sign/railing clearance) £636.49, N Davis for fencing materials for tree at village hall £63.04 Total £1,913.08
Resolved, proposed Councillor Kent, seconded Councillor Davis, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
11. Councillors to sign the Standing Orders, Financial Standing Orders and Code of Conduct
Councillors Clayden and Muller signed the above (previously circulated).
12. Chair and 2 councillors to sign the completed precept form
A precept of £8,000 was agreed at the last meeting.
Councillors Kent, Davis and Clayden signed the precept form
13. To receive any update from the playground committee and discuss future plans
No update received.
14. To discuss the new village sign site maintenance progress
The clearance has been completed and invoices totalling £636.49 received.
15. To receive feedback from ‘Speeding and & Various Traffic Issues’ meeting
Two of our parish councillors met with other local councillors and representatives from the police, highways and the county council to discuss speeding and other traffic issues.
Speeding cars was deemed to be the biggest issue. Data collected from the radar speed signs is to be analysed and compared to previous traffic survey results. Some areas currently with 60 MPH limits may be lowered to 40 MPH. HGVs travelling through the village to have permits to do so. There is nothing can be done to prevent them travelling legitimately to local businesses. The Clapgate/Albury Road junction is due to be resurfaced and give way lines will be added. The hill between the village hall and the school will hopefully have its speed limit reduced to 40 MPH. It was noted that there is a need for a safe path to enable a safer walk to school. This will be discussed at the next meting of the group.
16. To discuss the progress of the Albury parish plan
A draft copy is ready and will be published for residents to access and provide input. It will be finalised at the 4th February 2020 meeting.
17. To discuss the condition of the fencing between the village hall and the river and whether it should be removed or replaced
This has fallen down and is mostly beyond repair. A risk assessment is to be undertaken and discussed at the next meeting.
18. To review the allotment agreements before reissue
Councillor Davis is to add a plan of the allotment with clear boundaries marked.
19. To receive an update on the asbestos waste dumped on Albury verges
The chairman reported asbestos waste on various Albury verges. They were collected by East Herts. Some were missed and this was reported. These were collected at a later date.
20. To review further quotes received for creating a new village website using WordPress and migrating the content of the existing website
None received yet. To be added to the next meeting agenda
21. Draw December 200 club number
Number 177 was drawn.
22. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday 4th February 2020 at 7.15 pm at the village hall
Playground update, Parish Plan, Feb 200 Club draw, bank mandate change, website update, Patmore Heath Appraisal, can Patmore Heath speed limit be lowered to 20 MPH, updating asset register to include laptop/radar speed signs/new village sign, River Ash – who is responsible for keeping it clear? Tree work at the village hall and playground.
The Chair closed the meeting at _______ pm