ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 2nd March 2021 at 7.00 pm
Present: Councillors Jolly, Davis, and Klimowicz
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 6 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.10 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Clayden and Muller
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 2nd February 2021
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings They will be signed and passed to the clerk for filing.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
Questions from the public:
Are prescriptive access right s acquired after a length of time?
What constitutes a highway as opposed to an adopted or unadopted road?
Is the drainage ditch beneath the access way at Patmore Heath a separate responsibility from the access way?
Who is liable if a person has an accident on common land?
Is the access way a public footpath?
Many other questions arose and the councillors asked the members of the public to compile lists of all their questions relating to this subject and forward them to the clerk.
6. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/21/0197/HH PROPOSAL: Erection of outbuilding AT: Oakley Clapgate, Albury.
APPLICATION: 3/21/0507/HH PROPOSAL: Single storey side extension and two storey rear extension. AT: Penrose Cottage Patmore Heath Albury
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 2/2/2021 £12,854.31
Balance at 2/3/2021 £12,854.31
8. To agree payments due
Contribution toward house martin nesting box at village hall £114.90
Resolved, proposed Councillor Davis, seconded Councillor Jolly that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
Communications from residents regarding a bridge over a culvert at Patmore Heath have been forwarded to the councillors.
10. To hear from and co-opt anyone interested in filling our parish councillor vacancies
Toby Walne, a previous parish councillor, has expressed an interest but is unable to join us tonight. He is happy to be co-opted in his absence.
Resolved, proposed Councillor Davis, seconded Councillor Jolly that the Toby Walne be co-opted to Albury Parish Council. Unanimously agreed.
11. To receive any update on the investigation into the ownership and maintenance responsibilities of a damaged bridge at Patmore Heath
The damaged bridge forms an access way across a natural drainage ditch to 8 properties at Patmore Heath. The parish council confirmed that the access way is under their ownership and is registered as common land. The parish council is awaiting confirmation of maintenance obligations of common land that is subject to an easement. The councillors agreed to respond to questions asked in relation to this matter in minute 6 and those forwarded afterward by email.
12. To receive an update of playground grant applications and quotes for new fencing
An application for a National Lottery grant is underway. Another fence quote is awaited. Councillor Graham McAndrew has pledged £2000 to Albury PlaySpace to put towards the new fencing.
13. To discuss traffic calming measures to slow traffic through the village
We are waiting for a meeting with highways to be rescheduled to discuss various speed issues in the local villages.
14. To discuss HMWTs concerns regarding verge parking at Patmore Heath
The chair is to arrange a site meeting with HMWT to inspect and discuss a resolution.
15. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday 6th April 2021
Playground fence grant, bank signatories, agree village sign maintenance schedule, traffic calming, access way maintenance and drainage ditch clearance at Patmore Heath
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.10 pm