ALBURY ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 3rd May 2022 at 8 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Davis, Klimowicz, Clayden and Brooks
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk)
The chair opened the meeting at 8 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies received from councillors Jolly and Walne.
2. To confirm the minutes of the previous year’s Annual Meeting of the Parish.
Not held due to Covid-19 restrictions.
3. To receive the Albury Annual Report
The chair read out the following annual update:
The Parish Council would like to thank the following people for their services to the village:
- Anne Sargisson for producing the village newsletter every month and her team of volunteers who organise its distribution to every household
- Maggie Vicary and Bella Clayden-Smith for litter picking to keep the village tidy
- Judi and Ray Murdoch for looking after our telephone kiosk library and the flowerbed around the traditional village sign
- The playground committee for their ongoing fundraising to refurbish the play area
- Residents at Patmore Heath who organised and contributed to the repair of a bridge at Patmore Heath
Parish Council activities 2021-22 have included
- Organising the upkeep of the allotment gardens, hedges in the village hall car park and verges by the village sign
- Contributing toward the cost of a bridge repair at Patmore Heath
- Supporting the campaign against a Solar farm at Wickham’s Hall
- Meeting with Highways to discuss the resolution of speeding problems throughout Albury
4. Question time
The chair closed the meeting at 8.15 pm