ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 7th September 2021 at 7.00 pm at Albury village hall
Present: Councillors Jolly, Clayden and Klimowicz
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Davis and Walne.
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 6th July 2021
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To hear from and co-opt anyone interested in filling the parish councillor vacancy
Heather Brooks offered to fill the vacancy. The councillors were happy with this.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Jolly, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, that the Heather Brooks be co-opted to Albury Parish Council. Unanimously agreed.
Councillor Brooks signed the acceptance of office form and took the DPI form to complete.
7. To consider planning applications
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 6/7/2021 £12,911.15
Payments: Agreed 6/7/2021 £1,352.30
Internal audit £132.00
One-off allotment clearance £200.00
Allotment mowing £195.00
Receipts: Bank interest £0.25
Available balance at 7/9/2021 £11,032.10
Balance per bank statement £11,032.10
9. To agree payments due
CHBT subscription £151.20
Resolved, proposed Cllr Clayden, seconded Cllr Jolly, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
11. To discuss actions and activities surrounding local Solar Farm plans and a contribution toward production of a Solar Facility document
Upwick residents have formed an action group and are liaising with other local villages to oppose all local plans for solar and battery farms. A formal planning application has not yet been submitted for Wickham Hall solar farm. A booklet of information is being produced and the parish council has been asked to donate £50 toward printing costs.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Clayden, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, that the Albury Parish Council should donate the requested £50 toward production of the booklet. Unanimously agreed. .
12. To receive an update of the status of the playground fence repairs and playground fundraising
The fence materials are due for delivery week commencing 20th September and installation should begin soon after.
13. To discuss the progress of the requested DriveSafe campaign
The petition and application were submitted in July. Approved locations have been received from the Citizens Policing Team and they have asked the DriveSafe leads to submit suitable dates.
14. To receive an update on the request for the road safety van to visit Albury
A request was submitted in July. A response was received asking for us to suggest sites for the van. We are awaiting a further response.
15. To discuss a parish council plan of action to address speeding issues through Albury
The councillors discussed traffic calming measures such as speed humps, chicanes and speed humps. The clerk agreed to enquire about the restarting of the meetings that HCC used to organise to discuss speeding and other traffic issues in locals villages. The last one took place on 8th January 2020. This would allow councillors to ask about types of traffic calming that would be suitable.
16. To discuss progress of the bank mandate change request
17. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 5th October 2021
Bank signatory update progress, traffic calming, DriveSafe campaign, co-opt a 6th parish councillor, playground fence and refurbishment, speeding issues a resolutions
The Chair closed the meeting at 8 pm