ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 10th January 2023, 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Clayden, Jolly and Klimowicz (Councillor Clayden left the meeting after point 6)
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 2 members of the public
The vicechair opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Davis and Brooks
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 1st November 2022
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
4. To hear from parties interested in the parish councillor vacancy and co-opt a new councillor if relevant
Zoey Kelly expressed an interest after attending November’s meeting. The councillors were happy to co-opt her to fill the vacancy.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Klimowicz, seconded Cllr Jolly, that Zoey Kelly be co-opted to the office of parish councillor for Albury. Unanimously agreed
Zoey signed the acceptance of office document.
5. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
6. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
A member of the public asked if the parish council had requested the resurfacing of footpath 25 at Patmore Heath. The councillors confirmed that it had not. The clerk had requested the footpath was cut back in July 2021. As Herts County Council had authorised the work, the clerk agreed to ask if they could discuss any future pathway resurfacing with the parish council first to ensure it is in keeping with the area.
Councillor Clayden had to leave at this point.
7. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/22/2631/HH PROPOSAL: Removal of chimneys and front and side porches. Erection of Two storey rear extension, new front porch and relocation of main entrance. 1 enlarged first floor front window, insertion of new ground floor window to right flank elevation and alterations to fenestration. Rendering to all elevations. AT: Linden Cottage Church End Albury. No comment made.
8. To receive statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 1/11/23 £15,951.08
Payments: Clerk salary adjustment 7/11/22 £130.00
Village sign maintenance 21/11/22 £59.30
Allotment maintenance 28/11/22 £490.00
Playdale Playgrounds 9/11/22 £4244.05
Clerk salary SO £1018.55
2 x Litter pickers SO £260.00
Available balance at 10/1/23 £9,749.18
9. To agree payments due
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only). None.
11. To hold an initial discussion about the precept for the next financial year
The RFO predicts there will be £8,200 in reserve at the end of this financial year and a spend of £8,400 plus mowing expenses that will fall on the parish council now that HCC are no longer to mow the village hall and play area grass. We will also no longer receive a grant to cover litter picking. The councillors agreed the precept would need to cover these costs and should be set at £10,000.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Klimowicx, seconded Cllr Jolly, that precept should be set at £8,000. Unanimously agreed.
12. To discuss the status of the Wickham’s Hall solar farm application
Councillor Klimowicz confirmed she will be attending the planning committee meeting tomorrow to oppose the application on behalf of the parish council, where a decision on this application will be made after hearing from interested parties.
13. To discuss a plan for mowing the grass areas around the village hall
From April, the parish council will have to organise and pay for the mowing of the grass at the village hall and play area. HCC confirmed the annual cost to them has been £800 but confirmed we will need to hire our own maintenance contractors.
Quotes will be sought over the next few weeks.
14. To discuss the Stansted airport flight path changes and how to report the noise nuisance they are causing
The government has directed all airports to streamline their use of airspace. Stansted Airport has been collecting data for various design options. Once they have decided on preferred routes, there will be a consultation period and the parish council will ensure Albury resident are made aware when this begins.
The clerk has contacted HMWT who manage the Patmore Heath as there are restrictions to flying over designated SSSIs.
The clerk has asked other local parishes for their point of view.
Residents should continue to report noisy aircraft as follows:
At https://stanstedairportwatch.com/take-action/report-noisy-aircraft/ or by calling 0800 243 788
15. To receive an update on the playground fundraising and refurbishment plans
The next phase is being planned and the Albury Santa team has raised a substantial amount over the last few years which will be used to buy more new equipment.
16. To discuss the possibility of adding security lighting and cameras at the village hall car park
The clerk will look at the costs and report back at the next meeting.
17. To discuss the reserves in the bank account and how they could be used
The village should be involved in suggesting uses for reserve funds. The clerk agreed to ask via the newsletter and the Facebook page.
18. To draw the first quarter 200 Club number
The clerk apologised for not bringing the numbers to the meeting.
19. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 7th February 2023
Stansted Airport flight path changes, Wickham hall solar farm application, A120 noise at Albury Lodge, replacing the railings along the Albury Road near the village sign, village hall mowing, lights and cameras at the village hall, spending reserve money
The vicechair closed the meeting at 21.05 pm