Meeting minutes 01.03.2016
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 1st March 2016 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Benton, Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public (MOP).
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllr Muller and Cllr Murdoch sent apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 2nd February 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
Actions to be discussed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
See point 14.
6. To consider planning applications
3/16/0209/LBC. Heath End Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Repair work and renovation to the sole plate, external and internal walls, ceilings and floors. No comment.
3/16/0219/VAR. Heath End Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) of planning permission 3/15/2172/FUL: Change of use of paddock to residential curtilage and the erection of garage – All application drawings to indicate same size of garage. No comment.
3/16/0362/HH. 4 Mansfield Cottages, Clapgate, Albury. Proposed single storey side extension with balcony at first floor level involving demolition of single storey side extension. No comment.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/1/16, £30580.40
Balance at 29/2/16, £30580.40
8. To agree payments due. D Muller Design for Easter Egg Hunt Poster, £12.00
9. To consider quotes received.
The internal auditor, Magi Associates, has quoted the same price as last year, £125 +VAT. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Walne, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that Magi Associates should undertake this year’s internal audit at a cost of £125+VAT. Unanimously agreed.
D Muller Design has estimated £50 for the transparency website changes. a few other necessary changes may arise so it was agreed that in total £100 be set aside.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Walne, that D Muller Design should undertake the required website changes up to a total cost of £100. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
We have received notification of a consultation for an A120 Standon Bypass which will run until 28th March 2016. See www.hertsdirect.org/a120standon, call 0300 123 4040 or email A120standon@hertfordshire.gov.uk
11. To receive an update of the defibrillator purchase and installation
Cllr Clayden-Smith has received the defibrillator. There has been a delay in the production of the steel case. A quote for installation is pending.
12. To receive an update of the Easter Egg Hunt to be held on Saturday 26th March 2016
This will be held at Patmore Heath from 11am till 1pm. The clerk will purchase 100 chocolate eggs. Posters will be placed around the village and at the school. Village children/grandchildren and Albury School children are welcome to join in this free event.
13. To receive an update of the village hall playground quotes
Playdale have quoted £60,000 for a substantial redesign with mostly new equipment. Two other companies are yet to visit and quote.
14. To receive an update of the bus survey
Mrs Webb, chair of the 60 Plus group, has gathered information indicating that at least 40 school aged children and approximately 30 people age 65+, are severely affected by the cancellation of the 5.30pm bus from Bishop’s Stortford. She agreed to forward her findings to APC, and Cllr Walne agreed to speak to the County Council to find out about a community bus service.
15. To receive an update regarding the ‘Bus Stop Green’
Postponed to future agenda.
16. To allocate specific responsibilities to councillors in line with new transparency legislation
Councillors discussed individual responsibilities. The details will be published under Albury Parish Council/Contacts on www.alburyvillage.co.uk once they have been formalised. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. To discuss Albury historical photographs
Postponed to future agenda
18. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 5th April 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Defibrillator, Bus Stop Green, Historical photos, Easter Egg Hunt, Community Bus, A120 bypass, May 2nd village walks, Annual Return, Annual meetings