Meeting Minutes 02.06.2015
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) MEETING
DRAFT Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 2nd June 2015 at 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Benton (vice-chairman), Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Murdoch, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 3 members of the public (MOP)
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Apologies from Cllr Muller were accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on 21st May 2015. Resolved that these Minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
A letter was sent to allotment tenants regarding the availability of a skip.
Research into notice boards and flower baskets is ongoing.
Setting up a Trust to raise money to update the playground is ongoing.
Other items to be discussed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions comments and questions from the public
An MOP asked if the curb stones at the junction into Barncroft can be made more visible, possibly with white lines. He said several people have damaged tyres there because of the way they protrude into the Albury Road. The clerk agreed to report this to highways.
An MOP asked if APC will contribute towards improvement of the playground. The clerk explained she and Cllr Benton are in the processing of setting up a Playground Trust group which will apply for grants from our Parish Council and other organisations.
An MOP showed APC details of the Public Works Loan Board which can be used to fund large projects and have low interest rates.
An MOP mentioned a car parked in an awkward position in Church End. Cllr Benton agreed to put a polite note on it after the meeting.
6. To consider planning applications.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 21/05/15, £30,688.26
Outgoings: as agreed 21/5/15, £437.09
Balance at 31/05/15, £30,251.17
The clerk moved £20,000 from the Community Account with 0% interest to the Business Saver Account with 0.05% interest. Barclays can’t offer a higher interest rate. The clerk will see if any banks can offer parish councils a better rate.
8. To agree payments due
SLCC subscription: £77.00
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Waples, that this payment be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A request from the Albury Over 60s club for a grant has been passed to the councillors.
Complaints of people not picking up after their dogs have been received, and requests for bins to be provided. The Clerk will obtain quotes from EHC and also put polite notices on FaceBook and in the Newsletter, and place free dog waste bags around the village.
10. To receive an update of the investigation into improving the village broadband service
Connected Counties estimate that Albury will receive fibre broadband by March 2018 and possibly up to 9 months before this date (June 2017).
Albury does not meet the criteria for earlier instalment, which requires a minimum of 1000 residents (we have approximately 640).
BT are yet to carry out a feasibility study for the cost of installation.
11. To discuss purchasing a community defibrillator for Albury and establishing a group of volunteer Community First Responders
Cllr Murdoch clarified that it is not necessary to have Community First Responders to use defibrillators. To use one call 999 and they will give out the code to access your nearest one. A large group can be instructed on their use. A designated person must check each defibrillator each week and update a website accordingly.
The cost per defibrillator is £2,500 including the storage cabinet and installation.
Cllr Murdoch agreed to arrange a presentation by Community Heartbeat Trust for the next parish council meeting.
12. To Discuss the next DriveSafe campaign
The next campaign will be organised before the school breaks up for summer.
13. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held on Thursday 9th July 2015 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Defibrillators, River Ash, footpath 34, broadband, bank account, playground, grant for the Albury Over 60s club, PWBL, bins for dog waste.