Meeting minutes 06.02.2018

Meeting minutes 06.02.2018

Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 6th February 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall

Present: Cllrs Benton, Clayden-Smith, Murdoch and Wheatley
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 2 members of the public.

The chairman opened the meeting at 7.25 pm

1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Apologies from Cllrs Waples and Walne were received and accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 9th January 2018. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting. None.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
The members of the public in attendance told how the banks at the roadside in Albury End are being eroded as the volume of traffic is increasing through that part of the village. Vehicles also pull in to private front gardens and driveways to allow oncoming traffic to pass. The councillors suggested the residents in that area should petition Herts County Council. Cllr Benton agreed to email Highways on the subject.
6. To consider planning applications received.
None received.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 9/1/18, £33,029.63
Income: £0.00
Outgoings: As agreed 9/1/18, £2,614.36
Balance at 6/2/18, £30,415.27
8. To agree payments due
Graham’s Taxis (January) £123.00 Total £123.00
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith that this payment be made. Unanimously agreed.
9 To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
The treasurer of the parochial church council and Reverend Steve sent their thanks for the parish council grant towards churchyard maintenance.
10. To discuss actions necessary to comply with new general data protection regulations
The 12 steps of preparation were discussed. As we don’t hold any personal data we only need to ensure in future we have permission from relevant parties to do so.
11. To discuss adding an accounts tab to the Parish Council area of the village website
D Muller Designs quoted £35 and it was agreed that they should carry out the necessary work.
12. To discuss the request for traffic calming measures in the village
The clerk emailed the highways department but they did not acknowledge her email. Cllr Benton agreed to email Highways om the subject.
13. To receive an update of the village sign project
Councillor Waples sent the following update:
“I have been in touch with planners and had a chat with the duty planning officer re next steps. Following that I was advised to submit a pre planning letter with full details / photos/locations and had acknowledgment that they had received it all with a comment that they will take up to 20 days to come back to me.”
14. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fund raising
Councillor Benton is still in the process of completing the various forms.
15. To discuss ideas for funding raising talks at the village hall
Postponed to a future agenda.
16. To discuss recruiting new trustees for the Albury Parochial Church Charities
No one present was able to volunteer. The clerk is to place an advert in the Albury Newsletter and on Facebook.
17. To discuss buying new crockery and cutlery for the village hall and a budget if agreed
It was decided to postpone these purchases as no one booking the hall recently has requested the use of such items and there is currently a lack of safe storage for them.
18. To discuss the village hall committee’s application for a grant towards new fire exit doors
The village hall committee have applied to the Stansted Airport Community Trust for a grant towards new fire exit doors at the village hall. They are awaiting a quote for the total cost. They have asked the parish council if they would be prepared to contribute towards the cost if there is a short fall. The village hall accounts from 1st April 2017 to date were presented to the councillors. It was suggested that another local company could quote and the Clerk agreed to arrange this. The councillors agreed to consider the grant application once a price is confirmed and any other grant is confirmed.
19. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 6th March 2018 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Playground fund raising. Village sign. Traffic calming. Annual meeting agendas. End of financial year. Insurance policy. Patmore Heath road fault.

The chairman closed the meeting at 8.05 pm