ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 7th June 2022, 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Davis, Clayden, Jolly
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 1 member of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Klimowicz and Brooks.
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 3rd May 2022
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
A resident asked if some of the 30MPH zones of the Albury Road through Albury are eligible for traffic calming measures such as those recently installed in Little Hadham. The clerk agreed to make enquiries.
6. To consider planning applications
7. To consider a grant request from the parochial church council of St Mary’s Albury
St Mary’s Albury Parochial Church Council has requested a grant of £2000 per year to help pay for churchyard maintenance.
The councillors are to review expenditures expected in this financial year and this grant request will be considered at the next meeting.
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 03/05/2022 £8,780.90
Payments: Agreed 03/05/22 £1,507.62
Receipts: Interest 06/06/22 £0.31 Jubilee grant 20/05/2022 £150.00
Available balance at 07/06/2022 £7,423.59
Balance per bank statement £7,423.59
9. To agree payments due
Internal audit fee £132.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Jolly, that payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
The HMWT manager would like to meet councillors at Patmore Heath to discuss various plans and issues, on either Tues 14/6, Weds 22/6 or Tues 28/6 at 1pm.
11. To discuss the progress of local solar farm applications
It is understood that the planning application has been amended to exclude greenbelt land that falls in Essex because Uttlesford refused planning permission. No planning decision has been reached by East Herts Council.12. To discuss outstanding actions from the HCC, police and parish Councillors meet up held in December 2021
The clerk is to contact the highway manager to arrange a meeting in the village to look at various issues.
13. To discuss Albury’s eligibility for a 20s Plenty campaign
Postponed until July’s meeting in Councillor Brook’s absence.
14. To discuss the progress of moving our banking from Barclays to Lloyds
The clerk chased up he progress this morning and was told the application is being moved up for urgent review and should completed in the next 24 hours.
15. To receive an update on the playground fundraising and refurbishment plans
A lottery application is underway. It is planned to install monkey bars and a basket swing using a grant from East Herts Council. The Albury Santa team are choosing a piece of equipment to but with funds raised.
16. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 5th July 2022
Grants from Welcome Back Fund, traffic calming/speed meeting, 20s plenty update, playground fundraising.
The chair closed the meeting at 8 pm