ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 3rd May 2022, 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Davis, Clayden, and Brooks
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk)
1. To elect a chair for the year 2022-23 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed Cllr Klimowicz, seconded Cllr Clayden to elect Councillor Davis as Chair. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Davis signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
2. To elect a vice-chair for the year 2022-23 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed Cllr Clayden, seconded Cllr Brooks to elect Councillor Klimowicz as Vice-chair. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Klimowicz signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.30 pm
3. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Jolly and Walne.
4. To receive declarations of interest.
5. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 1st March 2022
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
6. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
7. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
8. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/22/0857/HH PROPOSAL: Construction of single storey rear and side extension. Front porch canopy to front elevation, replace ground floor front window with new front door, replace front door with new front window and replace rear door with new rear window. Insert 2 new ground floor front windows and 1 side door. AT: Clapgate House Clapgate Albury
APPLICATION: 3/22/0849/HH PROPOSAL: Proposed detached garage and car port. AT: Penrose Cottage Patmore Heath Albury
APPLICATION: 3/22/0689/FUL PROPOSAL: Erection of a single-storey outbuilding to provide extra covers for the public house. AT: The Catherine Wheel Gravesend Albury Ware Hertfordshire
9. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 01/03/22 £8,715.28
Payments: Agreed 01/03/22 £55.00
New lap top agreed at prior meeting £538.88
Clerks Q4 salary and back pay £1,002.30
Payment in lieu of grant (to be reclaimed) £2,480.55
MS Office annual subs £79.99
Receipts: Interest 07/03/22 £0.20
Wayleave 28/03/22 £91.12
Wayleave 29/03/22 £121.02
1st precept payment 29/4/22 £4,000.00
Available balance at 03/05/2022 £8,770.90
Plus cancelled lost cheque no. 101296 £10.00
Balance per bank statement £8,780.90
10. To discuss grant requests received from Citizens Advice East Herts and a community group hosting a Platinum Jubilee celebration at our village hall
After a short discussion about both requests, the following resolutions were made.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, to make a donation of £200 to Citizen’s Advice East Herts. Unanimously agreed.
A group of residents requested a grant of £200 towards the village hall Jubilee party.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, to make a donation of £200 toward the village hall Jubilee party. Unanimously agreed.
11. To cancel cheque lost in post for Hundred Parishes Society membership and agree to replace
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Brooks, that The Hundred Parishes lost cheque for £10 should be cancelled and a new one issued. Unanimously agreed.
12. To agree payments due
Litter picker 1 £130, litter picker 2 £130, Annual website hosting fee £47.99, HAPTC subs £341.87, Insurance renewal £247.76 , Grant towards Catherine Wheel Jubilee prizes £200, Grant for village hall Jubilee party £200, grant for Citizens Advice East Herts £200, new cheque for Hundred Parishes £10.00 Total £1507.62
Resolved, proposed Cllr Clayden, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
13. To review the annual account and approve and sign the Annual return
The councillors had reviewed the forms prior to the meeting.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Klimowicz, that the annual return should be signed. Unanimously agreed.
Cllr Davis and the clerk signed all pages as necessary.
14. To review the parish council insurance renewal
We agreed a fixed rate for 3 years in 2020. This is the 3rd year at £247.76.
15. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
The HMWT manager would like to meet councillors at Patmore Heath to discuss various plans and issues on either Thurs 12th or Weds 18th May at 1pm.
16. To discuss the progress of local solar farm applications
Uttlesford District Council has recommended that planning permission is refused because part of the intended site is green belt. The National Grid, Highways and local police have recommended refusal. EHC are yet to respond.
17. To discuss outstanding actions from the HCC, police and parish Councillors meet up held in December 2021
We still need to arrange a meeting at Parsonage Lane with the highway manager. The clerk will ask for a suitable date. We also need to check if enough information has been provided to have traffic survey equipment installed.
18. To discuss the 20s Plenty presentation attended by Councillor Brooks
Councillor Brooks attended a meeting and found areas of Albury may be eligible for 20 MPH zones. Further investigation is underway.
19. To discuss moving our banking from Barclays to Lloyds
The clerk has completed an application for Lloyds and the councillors approved it. Once an account is up and running we can transfer funds and close the Barclays account.
20. To receive an update on the playground fundraising and refurbishment plans
A National Lottery grant application is in progress.
21. To discuss the Catherine Wheels Platinum Jubilee plans and payment of a grant of £200 toward prizes for planned events
The Catherine Wheel has events planned for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of June. The Parish Council is donating £200 to pay for children’s competition prizes
22. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 7th June 2022
Grants from Welcome Back Fund, traffic calming/speed meeting, 20s plenty update, res, playground fundraising, bypass noise.
The chair closed the meeting at 8pm