ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of a meeting held Tuesday 2nd November 2021 at 7.00 pm at Albury village hall
Present: Councillors Clayden, Davis and Klimowicz
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt and 0 member(s) of the public
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Councillors Brooks, Jolly and Walne.
2. To receive declarations of interest.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 5th October 2021
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be addressed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications
APPLICATION: 3/21/2534/HH PROPOSAL: Single storey side extension and first floor rear extension. Raised paving/patio, steps and planters. AT: Avenue Lodge Albury Hall Park Albury. NO COMMENT
APPLICATION: 3/21/2167/HH PROPOSAL: Demolition of single storey side extension. Erection of two storey side and rear extension and single storey front extension. Insertion of 1 first floor rear window and 3 rear roof windows. AT: 6 The Bourne Albury. NO COMMENT
APPLICATION: 3/21/2423/HH PROPOSAL: Removal of conservatory. Construction of single storey rear extension and single storey side extension. Garage Conversion. New chimney. New ground floor window openings. AT: The Birches Patmore Heath Albury. NO COMMENT
APPLICATION: 3/21/2571/LBC PROPOSAL: Alterations and replacement of windows, formation of an enlarged window opening at rear and creation of two window openings. AT: Elm Cottage Gravesend Albury. NO COMMENT
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 5/10/2021 £14,091.67
Payments: Agreed 5/10/2021 £1,262.13
SO Stansted Airport Trust £10.00
Available balance at 5/10/2021 £12,819.54
Balance per bank statement £12,819.54
8. To agree payments due
J Pettitt for speed signs, £65.78, R Murdoch for sign flowers £25.99, Broxap Ltd for play area seating £2419.20, CPRE Essex toward solar booklet. £50. Total £2,560.97
Resolved, proposed Cllr Davis, seconded Cllr Clayden, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A resident has suggested a team of volunteers could be recruited to carry out certain maintenance tasks in the village. This could be added to the January agenda. The railings near the village signs have been damaged by a car. This has been reported to Highways.
10. To discuss actions and activities surrounding local Solar Farm plans and a contribution toward production of a Solar Facility document
The donation of £50 is to be paid to CPRE Essex who produced the Solar Facility document. No planning application has been submitted. The Upwick residents are arranging to meet for further discussions.
11. To receive an update of the status of the playground fence repairs and playground fundraising
The fencing is complete. Albury Play Space organised a fundraising Halloween Party. Residents can now help fundraising by participating in The Herts Lottery. 50% of all ticket money is donated back to the Albury Play Space charity https://www.easthertslottery.co.uk/support/albury-play-space
12. To discuss a parish council plan of action to address speeding issues through Albury
The parish councillors would like to thank Ben and Paul Lucas for cleaning road signs, clearing vegetation that was obscuring road signs, straightening a sign at Gravesend, and putting up extra speed signs
The clerk has another 30 signs to distribute along the Albury Road, near the village hall and the school. Councillor Davis agreed to help put these up.
13. To discuss progress of the bank mandate change request
In light of recent problems with Barclays not honouring a valid cheque, not being able to satisfactorily explain why and because it is difficult to make changes to the signing arrangements, the clerk is looking at changing to a Lloyds Business account at the next meeting.
14. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council meeting to be held Tuesday 2nd November
Bank account change update, traffic calming/speed meeting and measures, playground seating and fundraising, village hall patio fence.
The Chair closed the meeting at 7:35 pm