Meeting minutes 08.04.19
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held Monday 8th April 2019, 19.15 at the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Kent, Walne and Waples
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk)
Councillor Waples opened the meeting 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from Councillor Davis, Murdoch and Wheatley were received and accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 5th March 2019. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
These will be reported in agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications.
3/19/0639/HH PROPOSAL: Construction of two storey rear extension and single storey side extensions. Addition of new ground floor and first floor window and door openings and changes to existing windows and doors. Addition of brick gates. (Amendment to previous approvals 3/17/2175/HH and 3/18/0679/HH). AT: The Old Vicarage, Parsonage Lane, Albury.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 5/3/19 £24,755.79
Outgoings: As agreed 5/3/19 £12,238.89
Balance at 8/4/19 £12,516.90
8. To agree payments due
£711.36 Clerks salary, £130 Litter picker 1, £130 Litter picker 2, £340.30 HAPTC subs, Tree Clearance £150 Total £1,461.66
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Kent, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To discuss the Parish Council Elections to be held on 2nd May 2019
Only three people have been nominated so we will have three vacancies to fill.
11. To discuss the purchase and planting of a tree in memory of Catherine Hibberd
The councillors have carried out some research into blossoming trees and found Prunus ‘Catherine’, a flowering cherry tree. We will check it the family are happy with this choice before ordering it.
12. To discuss the village sign progress and regular clearance work schedule
The sign is due soon and the balance to pay is £4010. We need to organise installation which involves digging a 1 metre deep hole and cementing a post sleeve in the centre.
13. To discuss the repair of playground fencing
The clerk is to check with our insurer if councillors are covered to carry out repair work.
14. To discuss the fallen tree reported by a resident at Patmore Heath
The resident who reported the tree has had a quote from a local company for £120 to remove the tree. The clerk asked her to contact them to go ahead with the work.
15. To receive any update from the Albury playground committee
The committee are due to order the equipment for phase 1 soon.
16. To discuss and set a budget for the Easter Egg Hunt
The hunt is to be held on Saturday 20th April at Patmore Heath from 11am until 1pm.
The eggs should cost no more than £150.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Kent, seconded Cllr Walne, that the clerk can spend up to £150 on chocolate eggs. Unanimously agreed.
17. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting and Annual Meeting of the Parish to be held Tuesday 14th May 2019 at 7.00 pm and 7.30 pm at the Village Hall
Election results, elect chair, elect vice-chair, completes acceptance of office forms, councillor vacancies, year-end accounts, village sign project, playground
Annual meeting – recap activities of previous year