Meeting Minutes 21.05.2015
ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL (APC) ANNUAL MEETING
Minutes of the annual meeting held Tuesday 21st May 2015 at 19.15 hrs at the Village Hall
Present: Cllr Benton, Cllr Muller (chairman), Cllr Waples
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 5 members of the public (MOP)
The chairman opened the meeting at 7.25 pm
1. To elect a chairman for the year 2015/16 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Benton, to appoint Cllr Abigail Muller as Chairman for the year 2015/16. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Muller signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
2. To record election results and sign Declarations of Acceptance of Office
The following councillors, having been duly elected without contest on 7th May 2015, signed Declarations of Acceptance of Office which were witnessed by the clerk: Cllr Benton, Cllr Muller and Cllr Waples.
3. To elect a vice-chairman for the year 2015/16 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, to appoint Cllr Perry Benton as Vice-chairman for the year 2015/16. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Benton signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
4. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllr Walne sent apologies for this meeting. Cllr Muller and Cllr Waples issued apologies for the meeting of 2nd June 2015.
5. To receive declarations of interest. None.
6. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on 7th April, 2015. Resolved that these Minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
7. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
A skip is due for delivery to the allotments w/c 25th May, for allotments tenants to dispose of allotment waste.
8. Chairman’s announcements (for information only).
Cllr Muller announced that two residents have expressed an interest in becoming councillors – Ray Murdoch and Gary Clayden-Smith. She also said the Parish Council has been approached with details of a community defibrillator. This will be added to the next agenda.
9. To receive petitions comments and questions from the public
An MOP asked to see the development plans that were drawn up for the current village hall. The clerk will look in the archives to see if the Parish Council are in possession of these.
An MOP asked if the Parish Council were going to take over management of the bus stop green at Clapgate. Cllr Muller said she was still in discussion with the land owner’s representative.
10. To discuss co-option to fill the two existing vacancies in the office of Parish Councillor
The present councillors were happy to co-opt the two residents who had expressed interest.
Resolved proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, to appoint Ray Murdoch as Parish Councillor for Albury. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Waples, to appoint Gary Clayden-Smith as Parish Councillor for Albury. Unanimously agreed.
11. To consider planning applications listed below
12. To consider quotes:
a. Council Insurance Renewal, £203.52
b. East Herts Council Annual Playground Safety Inspection, £41.50
c. Poster for Arts & Crafts Show, £50
d. Village Hall hanging flower baskets and brackets, £80
e. Three new noticeboards, approximately £1300 each
f. SLCC annual membership, £77
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Benton, that the council insurance be renewed at a cost of £203.52. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Benton, that the playground inspection be arranged at a cost of £41.50. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Waples, that D. Muller provide the Arts & Crafts poster at a cost of £50. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, that the hanging baskets and brackets be purchased at a cost of £80 maximum. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, that a maximum of £4,000 be spent on three new noticeboards. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, that the SLCC membership be renewed at a cost of £77. Unanimously agreed.
13. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/03/15 £28,421.01
Income: Sale of leftover Easter Eggs £35.00, First precept instalment £3,450.00
Outgoings: as agreed 7/4/15 £1,217.75
Balance at 31/03/15 £30688.26
The clerk presented the completed Annual Return 2014/15 for sign-off. This shows a balance brought forward of £24,715 and a balance carried forward of £27,521. The Clerk presented the Bank Reconciliation which supports the Annual Return figures.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller seconded by Cllr Benton, that the Annual Return be duly signed off. Unanimously agreed. The chairman signed the Annual Return.
The HAPTC are holding a financial briefing on 19th June @£90 for members.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Benton, that the Clerk plus one other may attend this briefing at a total cost of £180. Unanimously agreed.
A new bank mandate was signed to remove old signatories and add Cllr Waples and Cllr Walne.
14. To agree payments due
Magi Assoc. Internal Audit Fee £150.00, Community First Council Insurance £203.52, N. Lock Allotment Clearance £70.00, R. Crafter gate closer installation expenses £13.57
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Waples, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
15. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
East Herts Council Capital Grants Scheme is now open. They have £80,000 to allocate to new building or refurbishment projects improving quality of life for residents in East Herts. More information is available at www.eastherts.gov.uk/grants
16. To receive an update of the investigation into improving the village broadband service
Postponed until June 2nd as Cllr Walne was unable to attend this meeting.
17. To discuss involving residents in the setting up of an Albury Playground Trust to raise money to improve the village hall playground
The clerk explained that she had invited the trustees of the Albury Children’s Fund to this meeting to discuss the playground project, but they had been unable to attend. The tuck shop has raised some money to put towards the playground project. The clerk and Cllr Benton are agreed to set up a playground trust fund.
18. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held on 2nd June 2015 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Community Defibrillator for Albury.
The councillors agreed to move the date of the July meeting to Thursday 9th July 2015.
The chairman closed the meeting at 8.05 pm.