ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 1st October 2019 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Davis, Hoyes, Kent and Muller
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and district councillor Geoff Williamson
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from councillor Muller were received and accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Tuesday 3rd September 2019.
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be reported in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications.
APPLICATION: 3/19/1956/HH PROPOSAL: Change to roof pitch to rear elevation. Alterations to fenestration at first floor level. AT: Mill Cottage Patmore Heath Albury.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 3/9/19 £10,832.29
Outgoings: As agreed 9/3/19 £195.00
Income: September precept £4,000.00
Litter picking grant £1,530.73
Balance at 1/10/19 £16,168.02
8. To agree payments due
Clerk’s salary quarter 2 £758.55, Litter Picker 1 Q2 £130.00, Litter Picker 2 Q2 £130.00, External Auditor £240.00, EHC Election Services £51.15, CHBT Annual fee £302.40, Website hosting £24.00 Total £1,636.10
Resolved, proposed councillor Davis, seconded Councillor Kent, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To hear from any residents interested in filling the parish councillor vacancies
Albury resident, Anita Clayden expressed an interest in joining. A vacancy notice is due to be displayed and if an election isn’t called the parish council will be in a position to co-opt at the next meeting.
11. Councillors to sign the Standing Orders, Financial Standing Orders and Code of Conduct circulated for review prior to the meeting
These were duly signed by the councillors present.
12. Councillors to review the Data Protection Policy previously circulated
No changes were deemed necessary.
13. To discuss the budget for the next financial year to be approved at the November meeting
Previous accounts and last year’s budget will be circulated to the councillors in order to accurately project a budget for next year. The new sign value will be added to the asset register.
14. To discuss the new village sign site maintenance
One clearance quote of £925 has been received and another of £550. The second quote came from a local gardener who will also maintain the site for £87 per visit.
Resolved, proposed councillor Davis, seconded Councillor Hoyes, that the £550 quote should be accepted. Unanimously agreed. Councillor Kent is to contact the person and book a date for the work to commence.
15. To discuss the plan for other regular village maintenance requirements
Councillor Davis is to review he allotment agreements in readiness for reissue. The person who quoted for the village sign site is to be asked to quote for the maintenance of the hedges in the village hall car park. Councillor Kent is to issue a maintenance plan.
16. To receive any update from the playground committee
17. To discuss the progress of the Albury parish plan
Ray Murdoch is happy to keep up the defibrillator checks. The village maintenance schedule is in hand. Residents opinions are to be sought by adding a notice to the newsletter and Facebook.
18. To discuss changing to a WordPress website
We have asked for a quote and advice from local designer, David Muller.
19. To discuss Catherine’s tree and fencing
Councillors Kent and Davis are happy to install protective fencing once the tree is in place. He clerk will ask Catherine’s family to suggest a date and then confirm the tree can be delivered by then.
20. To discuss how to deal with any future cars abandoned at the village hall
Councillor Williamson said to contact him should the situation arise.
21. To receive any response from our community PC with regards to local crime and other issues
22. To draw the October 200 club numbers
Number 126 was drawn.
23. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 5th November 2019 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Playground update, Catherine’s tree planting date, Parish Plan, November 200 Club draw, mandate change to add new signatories, website update, co-option of new councillors
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.20 pm