ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held Tuesday 3rd September 2019 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Hoyes, Kent and Muller
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk)
The Chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies from Councillors Vicary and Walne received and accepted. No word from Councillor Davis.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council annual meeting held on Monday 8th July 2019.
Resolved, that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
To be reported in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications.
APPLICATIONS: 3/19/1708/HH and 3/19/1709/LBC. PROPOSAL: Demolition of existing single storey side extension. New Single storey side extension. Block existing side first floor window. New Conservation roof light. AT: Pightle Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 8/7/19 £20,364.09
Outgoings: As agreed 8/7/19 £10,446.20
Income: UK Power Wayleave £29.90
New Housing Bonus Grant £882.00
Balance at 3/9/19 £10,832.29
8. To agree payments due
Allotment mowing for April to June, £195.00 Total £195.00
Resolved, proposed Councillor Muller, seconded Councillor Kent, that the payments due be paid. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
Councillors Vicary and Walne have handed in their resignations.
10. To hear from any residents interested in filling the parish councillor vacancies and to co-opt any new members
11. To discuss the tree provider suggested date for the planting of a tree in memory of Catherine Hibberd
The supplier said the chosen tree should be planted in December. The clerk will ask the family to choose a date.
12. To discuss the new village sign site maintenance contract
Deferred to next meeting so Councillor Davis can give an update.
13. To discuss a plan for other regular village maintenance requirements
The parish council is responsible for the hedges in the village hall car park, the village hall play area and the allotment gardens. They will also keep the area surrounding the new village sign clear. Councillor Kent agreed to draft a plan.
14. To discuss the A120 bypass works and note their plan to hold monthly surgery sessions at Little Hadham village hall
The A120 Little Hadham bypass team are to hold monthly surgery sessions at Little Hadham village hall from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm on the first Tuesday of each month. Residents can attend if they have any queries about the ongoing works.
15. To receive any update from the playground committee
16. To discuss the format and content of a parish plan for Albury
Councillor Kent has created a template. The clerk agreed to circulate the following documents: the parish council asset register, title registers of land owned by the parish council, councillors code of conduct, Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, GDPR information.
The website needs some attention and the clerk agreed to discuss the requirements with the designer.
Councillor Kent agreed to update the template plan to review at the next meeting,
17. To receive any response from our community PC regarding the invite to attend a meeting to discuss any local crime issues
Councillor Muller agreed to make contact to discuss local crime and antisocial behaviour.
18. To draw the August and September 200 club numbers
Number 152 was drawn for August and number 10 for September.
19. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 1st October 2019 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall
Playground update, Catherine’s tree, Parish Plan, regular village maintenance plan, October 200 Club draw, mandate change to add new signatories, all councillors to sign various documents circulated since last meeting, website update
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.40 pm